Balance Cushion Bodyworx
Important: This is a special order item.
Please read our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Yoga Balance Cushion, created for Yoga, Pilates and Rehabilitation exercises.
An exercise disc balance cushion, otherwise known as a wobble cushion, balance disc or balance cushion is an inflatable round cushion which is strong enough to stand or sit on, and when doing so gives an unstable surface. It is used primarily to:
- Improve proprioception after injuries or surgery involving the leg
- Strengthen the core stability muscles to help decrease back pain
Examples of injuries where a balance cushion/ stability disc can be used to improve proprioception include:
- sprained ankle
- knee anterior cruciate injury
- after knee anterior cruciate surgery
- after knee meniscus (cartilage) surgery
- following joint replacement surgery
- collateral knee ligament injury
The best way to use a stability cushion to improve core strength and posture is to simply to sit on it for short periods little and often during the day. It is still possible to slouch when sitting on a stability cushion so it remains important to be aware of maintaining a good sitting posture.