Armortech Yoga Bolster
Improve flexibility and balance
Hurry. Stock selling fast
A yoga bolster is like a body pillow but firmer and either rectangular or circular in shape. It's main purpose is to create relaxation, help soften a posture, or aid in opening the body. A bolster is commonly used in prenatal, restorative, and Iyengar based classes.
The yoga bolster supports the yogi's body in deep relaxation, allowing the muscles to passively relax; and in seated or reclining postures, it eases the strain and allows the yogi to go deeper in the pose. A bolster can also be used to support the spine and promote lung expansion during pranayama.
Here are a few examples of how yoga bolsters can be used in various asanas:
- In savasana (corpse pose), the bolster is placed under the knees to ease lower back strain.
- In balasana (child's pose), the bolster is placed between the legs so that when the body folds forward, it rests on the bolster.
- In viparita karani (legs-up-the-wall pose), the bolster is placed under the hips, making the pose more restful.
- Helps improve flexibility and balance
- Provides support to joints and spine