Weight lifting is great for burning fat, and can even be a better fat burner than cardio! After completing a workout using dumbbells, your metabolism will stay raised for hours. These dumbbell exercises are perfect when you have only limited equipment.
- Squats – It’s a simple exercise, but effective for working your leg muscles. Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and your toes angled slightly outwards. Hold a single dumbbell by the end in both hands, and lower your body into a deep squat, with your hips back and keep your weight on your heels. Engage your gluts and hamstrings and press through your heels to stand.
- Lunges – Lunges can be a great way to work both your arms and legs. Try holding dumbbells and lifting them above your head as you step forwards.
- Renegade Row – This exercise is an effective way of working your back, shoulders, triceps and biceps. Check out this video for a great example.
- Push ups – For an extra challenge, try combining standard push ups with the renegade row above for an effective strength building exercise.
- Curls – These are the most common dumbbell exercise and are great for building and strengthening muscles. Try combining with a vertical press to work your shoulder muscles.
- Dumbbell Incline Bench Press – Combine a standard dumbbell press with an incline bench press for an incredible upper body exercise. Challenge yourself further by making it a one arm press, which really works your core strength.
These are just a few of the ways you can use dumbbells in your workouts.