The Perfect Pilates Fitout
When it comes to market size, measured by revenue, the Pilates and yoga studios industry will be worth a staggering $60 Million in 2022.
So if you always wanted to be a part of the health/wellness industry or if you want to improve the overall look and feel of the studio that you own already, now is the time!
In this blog post, we’ll share tips on creating a stylish, functional and comfortable space for your clients.
What Do Good Pilates Fit Outs Have in Common?
When it comes to choosing the right pilates fit out, there are a few key things to keep in mind. You need to see the bigger picture here. The pilates studio layout should be comfortable and inviting, with plenty of light and space for people to move around freely.
There are some good designs and yet, there are some great designs. We noticed that there are some common elements that make this important distinction.
Things that great pilates fit outs have in common are:
- Great fitness equipment and accessories. It is not just about equipment looking great. It is about quality, durability and safety.
- Changing rooms where people will feel comfortable and provide enough privacy.
- Smooth traffic flow: you want people to feel relaxed and motivated. An efficient layout is crucial for maximising results while also keeping things convenient and accessible for members. When designing your space, be sure to consider the types of exercises that will be performed in each area and plan accordingly.
- Properly trained instructors and friendly staff: In order for members to get the most from their gym experience, it's essential to have properly trained instructors who can provide customised instruction. This means having instructors who are certified in the specific type of exercise being offered
Pilates needs to be designed with safety in mind. All of your equipment should be properly secured, and there should be ample space between pieces so that students can move around safely. By keeping these things in mind, you can ensure that your studio is the perfect place for your students to get a great workout.
Create an Interesting Program
When creating a pilates program, it is important to make sure that it is interesting and engaging for your clients. This can be done by incorporating a variety of exercises and equipment into your sessions.
You can also use props such as resistance bands, weights, balls, and foam rollers to add variety to your workouts. By offering a variety of exercises, you can keep your clients motivated and help them see results.
There are numerous pilates programs available, with Stott pilates as the most popular program, Power Pilates and Balanced Body. The great thing about pilates is that there are no age restrictions. The more options you offer to your clients, the better will be.
When it comes to kitting out your home Pilates studio, there are a few key pieces of equipment that you just can’t do without. Here’s our pick of the must-haves to help you get the perfect pilates fit out:
- A reformer: A spring-loaded carriage that you move along using your body weight and resistance, a reformer is the cornerstone of any pilates workout. The reformer is ideal for both small and large studios, and you can use it even in your home gym. It is also great for beginners. Everyone has that initial anxiety when starting their fitness journey and making it easy
- Wunda Chair: Another important piece of equipment for toning and strengthening your muscles, the Wunda Chair provides an excellent workout for your abs, arms and legs.
- Ladder Barrel: The ladder barrel is great for targeting specific areas of your body, such as your spine or hips, and can also be used for stretching exercises.
- Pilates Ring: Essential for strengthening your arms, your pelvic floor and your posture.
- PTP Pilates Balls: The balance board is a great way to improve your balance and coordination, as well as strengthen your core muscles.
Getting the Most From Your Gym Fitout
If you want to make the most of your space through a perfect pilates studio design, it is important to utilise all spaces to your advantage. You need to create the operational flow, to be as efficient as possible.
To maximise the effectiveness of your pilates studio and space usage, there is a set of elements that are worth considering.
- Lighting. The more natural lighting the better. Your clients will get their daily dose of vitamin D, the entire atmosphere will feel more breezy and light. Of course, if this is not the case, try creating a more cosy atmosphere. Strong light will make your clients feel dizzy and tired.
- Flooring. Every step your customer takes needs to feel comfortable. Rubber flooring is a superior choice because it is durable, comfortable and it is strong enough to withstand periods of heavy traffic.
- Acoustical treatment and sound. Echo, noisy neighbours, outdoor noise… these will easily distract people exercising and break their focus. Flooring is important here as well. Consider investing in a sound system as well.
A Pilates studio should be a calm and serene space where people can go to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It should be a place where your client can focus on your practice and feel comfortable in their own skin.
Pilates is a great way to get fit, and with the right equipment, it can be even more effective. If you're looking for the perfect Pilates fit out, we've got you covered. Pilates equipment that will help you get the most out of your workout is just one click away. From mats to reformers, we've got everything you need to get started on your Pilates journey. So what are you waiting for? Get shopping and get fit!
Welcome to the exhilarating world of CrossFit, where fitness knows no bounds and your body is the ultimate tool of transformation. ...
We'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the fascinating world of functional training, where fitness extends beyond the walls of the t...
Yoga and Pilates have taken over the fitness and wellness industry. They have grown in popularity because they address both physical and mental wellne...
When it comes to fitness, the focus is often on workouts, diet, and achieving those sought-after gains. However, what many fitness enthusiasts tend to...
Everyone who's ever exercised knows that fitness is just as much mental as it is physical, thus, the mental aspects of fitness are not something y...
For fitness enthusiasts and athletes alike, the pursuit of muscle growth, known as hypertrophy, is a fundamental goal. Building muscle not only enh...